Friday, May 16, 2008

You want it -- you got it!

Okay, it seems a lot of folks want to see some PDC coverage here. So, I'm going to give it the old college try!

But, I bet my PDC deck comes in at under 5 tickets as well -- so I can kill at least two birds with one stone. Heck, I might even practice in the Casual Room ... that would be three birds! And if I had a deck that maximizes the synergy of a certain card or two ... well, you get the point.

My first stop is going to be to explore the world of PDC this weekend. So keep an eye out for Thrifty Djinn in all the PDC hangouts online -- and offline as well. I'm not above pimping out a good website or service, so make sure to check out www.pdcmagic.com or type /join pdc in any MTGO dialog box to join the PDC room. (Thanks for the info to plug, Andy!)

Anyway, here's the deck I'm planning to play with and improve over the next week or so. Since it's PDC, I'm pretty darn sure that it's less than 5 tickets -- especially since there's no Rune Snags in there. This is the deck I've been playing a bit in paper, and it works well online ... well, at least so far!

PDC Faeries and Burn (v2.1)

Creatures (20)

4 - Latchkey Faerie
4 - Mudbutton Torchrunner
4 - Muldrifter
4 - Pestermite
4 - Spellstutter Sprite

Spells (16)

4 - Broken Ambitions
4 - Incinerate
4 - Ponder
2 - Unsummon
2 - Lash Out

Lands (24)

12 - Island
8 - Mountain
4 - Terramorphic Expanse

The sideboard's in flux, and I'll post that a bit later on when I'm more comfortable with it. I'lll also go into a bit of detail on how this deck came to be -- but that's in the 5-ticket deck post, and the next one is going to be all about the fun you can have playing PDC!

Later,

Don!

3 comments:

Don! said...

PDC Faeries and Burn v2.2

-1 Island
-1 Mountain
-2 Mulldrifter (Moved to SB)

+4 Looter il-Kor

Adding the Looters has helped the deck greatly. They're rogues which help me get the Latchkeys out plus they're like a Merfolk Looter that does 1 damage a turn.

The Muldrifters were actually slow in the deck, but there were times I wanted to hard cast them. For that case, two seems to be the right number.

As far as the land count goes, adding the two-drop looters that help filter the deck seems to let me drop down to 22 safely. I've played a few games and it seems to be the 'right' number at the moment. I may go back to 23, but not 24.

All in all, I'm pretty darn happy with the deck at the moment -- and my biggest concern is the SB.

Later,

Don!

Tim Pskowski said...

Like the deck a lot but in terms of constructive criticism I will say this post was a bit light on content.

Anyways love the blog keep up the good work.

Don! said...

Tim,

Yeah, I'll have to agree with the assessment. This particular post was too short to stand alone. But, on the bright side -- there will be more than one update this week with any luck.

I'm just trying to find a standard PDC tourney that fits in my schedule. Sunday would normally work, but I think my family is taking my mom-in-law out for lunch.

I have the world's greatest mom-in-law, so I really don't mind -- it just puts a crimp in the blogging I'd want to do over the weekend.

Later,

Don!